I was having a pretty crappy day, shouting at children, grumping at husbands. But when I got home, there was a fat package waiting for me on the kitchen table. It was from my Secret Pal!!!!! YIPPEE! Fibre goodness!
Inside I found some brandy beans, yum, a peace angel as well as a tiny fireplace cross-stitch kit. Very cute. But the best was the hand painted roving! She had read that I had a spindle, but couldn't draft to save my life...I guess she had faith that I could figure it out, so I had to try. After consulting many Youtube tutorials, and finding out how to pre-draft, behold my first attempts at spinning!
Not too bad, and good thing I like thick-thin yarn (haha). Now, what to make from it??? Oh, and she also included another very funky 3-D card. Love it! Thank you so much!!!!!

2 comments:
Yeh!!!! I'm so glad you were able to start spinning. I know sometime having a difficult fibre to draft as a starter can be very frustrating. I"m so glad you like it!
SP
It looks like you did a great job spinning!
Post a Comment