I have to share how much fun I had this Friday at the Knitting Olympics opening ceremonies. Vanessa and Roben and I met up with Kelly and the crowd at the Duke of York - and when I say crowd, I think there was about 40 or 50 of us. It was such fun with awesome door prizes and lots of heckling at the "real" opening ceremonies broadcast. The bartender said we were welcome back anytime, and that we were more rowdy than the frat boys he had in earlier that week! I cast on for my mittens, but had to frog it a couple of times since it is impossible to knit black in the dark whilst drinking heartily...
And this wonderful evening wouldn't have happened without the hard work of our super (albeit completely legless) organizer, Kelly. Thanks so much Kelly, I haven't had that much fun in a long time.

And my darling Vanessa learned how to do a provisional cast on! Hurrah, honey! Don't give up hope, "just keep knitting, just keep knitting". And my evening wouldn't have been the same without the sweet presence of my dear Roben...

There are many more cool photos of our wonderful night on Amy's (knitty) and Kelly's blogs. Check them out!
I would post a photo of my knitting, but I am ashamed since it's only 1 inch of cuff..and that's after an entire weekend...but at least the house is almost empty and I'm ready to paint! Maybe I should have a painting party, definitely no shortage of beer. But I may have to ration it until near the end teehee

1 comment:
At least I amsmiling in that one. The other photos are terrible and where did that double chin come from?
Thanks for the vote of confidence and it finally dawned on me "just keep knitting, just keep knitting"
Post a Comment