Friday, February 03, 2006

I am soooo happy!


Today was closing day on the new house, so we got the key and took the first load up. I still can't believe that this beautiful place is ours. I thought I'd post the picture again, partially for those who missed it before and to reassure myself that it's real.

There are a few things we need to do, like painting the kids' rooms and fixing a few broken things, and not to forget actually buying furniture for the first time like real grown ups. It's amazing that we've finally found a place where we don't have to gut it before we can move it. I think that we deserve it after years of hard work. No, the real job is at the old place where I'm going to have to erase 6 years of living with 3 children in too small a house. Should be fun - especially once all the stuff is out and I can actually get to work.


I am so in love with the fireplace, I think this is what totally sold me on the house (well, that and the amazingly huge attic we are going to make into our bedroom). And Matt told me today that he was thinking that when we extend the sunroom a bit in the back that we should make it two stories so that I can have a southfacing, all glass STUDIO!!!!!!! Am I not the luckiest girl in the world?
OK, enough gloating...but I did have to share my dining room and gorgeous foyer. I'm really liking the neutral colour...I think that I'll go burgundy and mahogany with all the details and accessories. As for upstairs, you'll have to wait for the befores and afters. The rooms are lovely, but the colours have GOT to go, not to mention that I discovered today that the bathroom is coated only in primer. EEEE! I'll post all those pictures later as well as ones of the transformation of the Toronto house. What can she accomplish in only 25 days?
And on the knitting front? I've added on the hideous pink chennille (I don't even know how to spell it!!!) to the fuzzy hat and it actually looks OK, but Luna has decided that she wants it be a cat, with flowers, and a bow and....etc, etc... Oi Vey! And I have finally decided to make the double knit mittens for the Knitting Olympics. But I think that I'll add some beading into the ribs, how else could I make cashmere, wool, angora mittens more yummy? I just hope I'm not allergic to bunny.

4 comments:

Linz said...

YAY Hooray -- the new place looks very very beautiful!
I am also in love with your fireplace!
Can't wait to see what you do with the attic and your new studio -- it's a dream house for you!

The Sinister Knitter said...

I may have to move to Acton

Anonymous said...

Congratulations guys! Hope to see it soon! :)

Tempewytch said...

The house looks wonderful (and you lucky, LUCKY person having a studio - grrrrrrr!)

I want updates after you are all moved in! oh and good luck with the Olympics (the Knitting ones not the others LOL)

The Dragon