Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I really should be packing....

OK, as you all know I've been up to my eyeballs in packing for the past month...but now that the big day is approaching (Saturday!!!), I'm pretty fed up with all the sorting, purging, dust up my nose, kids unloading boxes I've finished packing, etc.... So, what's a girl to do? CAST ON, of course! I started Fingal's cool socks, actually, I've been dying to try the funky jaquard sock yarn that he picked 3 months ago that have been burning a hole in my stash the whole time. I think that they are turning out pretty good, but I have to wait for the child to get home from school to see if they fit, so I won't have to frog an entire sock.
And don't you just LURVE the amazing lamp I found at Value Village for the girl's room? I'm going to cover up the crazy orange base with some funky fabric. So cool!

As for Luna's bunny hat, well GRRRRR! I ran out of yarn at the Lettuce Knit SnB and ended up with a fuzzy pink yalmakah (sic). So, she picked out this other hideous yarn so I can make the ears, extend the darn thing and make ear flaps to hold it on. I have no hope that this will turn out to be something I will like, but Luna is thrilled to bits with her design. Yet again I have to resign myself to having spawned a pink, frilly girlie girl. (Unlike her cool biker sister in the background, although the frou-frou-ness seems to be contageous). *sigh*

No comments: