Thursday, February 08, 2007

There's a pagan in bushes!

We finally found some other like minded folk out this way (thank goodness for the one other pagan family in town we already knew before the move!)...they are out in Kitchener, but they have an amazing kid group and we are planning on checking out their circles. Their next workshop is on Fairie, but I don't think the kids will sit through any type of "adult" discussion on the subject (although I'm a bit wary of what the adults would be talking about anyway...FLAKE ALERT!). But the kids really enjoyed talking with other pagan kids and they learned a few things and made some candles for Imbolc which made our sabbat celebration more meaningful for them. We've been trying to get back to our spirituality...I'm planning a cool garden with quarter altars, etc. Not the stonehenge I wanted, but someday.....
I've just found this amazing website with the most astounding art!!!! www.michaeldemeng.com I love his use of found objects and the small scale of his work - very intimate. I've been hoping to capture some of that sacred past in my stuff....keep trying. Maybe I need more layers of meaning.

No comments: