Friday, December 31, 2010

SP16 Questionaire

1.      What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely not like?  I love any natural fibre, esp merino
2.      What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?  I have a couple needle rolls, but haven't figured out the circs so that the cable doesn't get messed up
3.      How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?  I've been knitting since I was 10, but only seriously for the last 10 years.  I would consider myself an intermediate knitter.
4.      Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? 
5.      What’s your favorite scent?  Hmm...I like rich smells: amber, oakmoss;  some spicy: sandalwood; Oh! and citrus!
6.      Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?  Oh yes!  I love chocolate and toffee
7.      What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?  I don't spin, but I do felt a bit, dyeing sew, bookbinding, illumination, stained glass, woodworking, sculpt, dollhouse miniatures...want to get into tablet weaving and maybe some leatherworking.
8.      What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)  I like old school alternative music (Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, Siouxie and the Banshees, Front 242), international music (Arabic, Celtic, Acadian -haha), medieval...My computer can play MP3 files
9.      What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?  I love black - but also adore jewel tones - crimson, cobalt.  I can't stand pastels :P  But I do use white for dying
10.  What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?  I live with my hubby of 18 years, our 4 kids and 2 hermit crabs - and soon to have beehives in the spring!!!
11.  Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?  I wear scarves and mitts - not so much with the hats and NO PONCHOS
12.  What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?  I like items that are single colour (or long space dyed) that are either simple in design or very subtle in their lace or cable pattern.  I have been playing with some lace and celtic cables, but also like to make things for the kids - toys, hats, scarves, mitts.  I haven't gotten brave enough to tackle a whole sweater, but most of the patterns I have lined up are simple stockinette some with a small cable detail.
13.  What are you knitting right now?  I just finished a hat for my hubby, and am doing a gauge swatch for a lace shawl (annis)
14.  Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes
15.  Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?  Anything but plastic - I have wood, aluminum even bone
16.  Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?  No - but I do have children!
17.  How old is your oldest UFO?  My hubby's kilt hose (15 years and counting...)
18.  What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?  I love Samhain, Beltaine and Yule!
19.  Is there anything that you collect?  I collect beautiful witches
20.  Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?  Patterns that I would love:  Amazement by Wooly Thoughts
Not a Drop by Arlene's World of Lace
Triad by Susan Pandorf
Unique Melody by Rose Beck
Toothless by Mari Campbell
21.  Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?  I'd like to learn to do amigurumi (I don't even think I know how to spell it - bad Japanese girl!)
22.  Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?  Yes I knit socks.  My foot measures :
23.  When is your birthday? Nov 22
24.  Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID?  Yes I'm on Rav - Tsukiko

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi from your Secret Upstream Pal.
:)