After much anticipation, we present our littlest pipkin
Iona Setsuki Christina Birch
Iona Setsuki Christina Birch
It turned out that she wasn't late at all, our first hunch about dates was right and the ultrasound threw us all off. There were no issues with labour, just my standard 3 hour travail, in and out of water. After deciding that I'd martyred myself through 3 pregnancies I told the midwife to break my waters...but then I couldn't make it back into the pool for my waterbirth. Standing through the next 3 giant contractions, our peanuckle made her appearance. She is so peaceful and quiet, we are worried that we might forget her somewhere ;) The kids are thrilled as you can tell in this photo ("Hey, we've never been woken up 7 before!")
Thank you all for thinking of us, I would have posted sooner, but the midwife forbade me from coming downstairs for 10 days and the laptop doesn't have a camera hook-up thingie. (I snuck down tonight to go to Fingal's Cub investiture). So, I should head back up into confinement and I'll post more pics soon!


14 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! She's beautiful! Welcome to the world! (and the gang of Keogh/Letkis). YAY!! and tons of looove :)
She is indeed beautiful! Congratulations mama!!
Congrats!!!
Another girl! Poor Fin!
Poor Matt!!!
LOL
She's perfect! Well done, lady. We send you boatloads du love. :-)
congratulations guys!! she's quite lovely. nice worm yet again :) much love and lots of hugs and kisses to you all!
oops! darned typos. obviously, that should be WORK and not worm. ;)
Thanks guys! She's great!
And Kelly, she's kinda like a worm...
She looks amazing. Another great reason to come to Acton.
Congratulations!
All the best to the happy family!
Gorgeous but ofcourse,
Congratulations! Finally it's about time. Good work!
And a girl; lots of estrogen in the house. Just the way we like it.
Hope to talk to you and see all of you soon.
Eurydice and family
Congrats!!!!!!
She's so beautiful!
Welcome, baby to a family full of love!
I'm just reading this now...many, MANY congratulations. :)
Can't believe I remembered your blog!
She is beautiful...born on my mommy's birthday! :)
Give Fin, Luna, Chibby and the new peanut for me...oh ya, hugs and kisses for you and Matt too.
And so?!???
I know your hands are full and all, but your readers want an update!
Post a Comment