Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Secret Pal Package!

Wow, now that the holidays are over and life has slowed down a little, I can finally steal a few mintues to post pictures of the fabulous Secret Pal package that I received just before Yule. Check out the fantastically cool box that arrived on my doorstep!

Inside there was this really pretty blue card, very sparkly and cute...too bad my camera couldn't catch the true colour, much more robin's egg blue, less pale grey....


In a moment of serentipity, my pal sent me this thrummed mitten kit - I am in the process of planning my next project and have been googling thrummed mitten patterns for myself. How weird. And on top of that, she even bought the exact yarn called for in the pattern! No guessing, trying to find suitable yarn and needle match-ups...I am sooooo excited! Once I finish a baby gift I'm making, they are going on the needles next!


AND she sent me some gorgeous Malabrigo chunky yarn called "Aquarella Arapey". It is so to die for, the colourway is delish and I adore the thick thin yarn. I am thinking of making a hat for the baby, but I might have to line it in case she complains about the wool....


These stitch markers that she made came in really handy for the above-mentioned baby project, I used them almost the minute they were out of the box (after I photographed them of course). I love the caned glass beads!


And in addition, there were some treats: some Tazo chai tea, a cute mug and teabag plate and a yummy Lindt chocolate bunny, which met a very sad end as you can see...





Oh, poor bunny, life was so short and sweet for you....





And here is the evidence of the culprit who dispatched the chocolate hare....




Thank you so much, my secret pal, it was so much fun opening your gift and I love everything!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your package!

You pal