Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Socks are done - just in time for the cold!

Yeah!!! The 2 year old UFO is finally finished! He even likes them, which is great since he's stuck with them - at least until his feet grow. AND if he doesn't lose one or both, they fit me! Extra bonus. Once I got the hang of it, they went pretty quickly. I still have to find a better stretchy, yet not loose cast on...maybe the next pair I'll try a toe up. I've got some yarn for Luna's jaquard socks, I guess they are next, if only I can remember where I put the skein. Well, she'll have to wait until after Solstice anyway since I'm not going to start anything new (yeah right, we'll believe that when we see it). At least the socks are done in time for the crappy weather. This year it started a bit earlier than usual - I don't remember EVER having real, stick-around-on-the-ground snow for my birthday. I hate winter, but at least it isn't too hot to knit.

I know that Iona looks really unhappy in this photo, she just dropped her lollipop and was screaming to high heaven. I tried to catch her between screams, but I think you can kinda still tell ;)

And I lied, I did start a new project, this Santa hat is on the needles, but Melia needed a hat, and it's Yule, and I thought it would be cute, and Len's Mills had a sale on red yarn, and wouldn't it be REALLY cute if they all had the same hat, and.....Matt is shaking his head. Sorry Matt, I tried, but I am weak...



No comments: