Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Secret Pal 13 Questionaire

OHHH! I haven't been in a Secret Pal swap in years...this is going to be so fun, I can't wait to find out who my parner is.

Here goes for the questionaire:


1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I love natural fibres, wool, alpaca, silk, cashmere, soy, bamboo. Anything soft. I'm not too crazy about mohair, ribbon or acrylics ESPECIALLY if it "squeaks", and unfortuneately I am alergic to angora :(


2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have a needle roll that I got from another swap, but it doesn't really work for circs.


3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I've been knitting for about 25 years (YIKES!), my mum taught me when I was little, but kinda stopped for a few years until I got pregnant with baby #2. I've been at it, of and on, since - 8 years. I guess that I am at an intermediate skill level.


4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes, at both Amazon,com and Amazon.ca


5. What's your favorite scent?

Oh, I think that depends, I like to wear sandalwood and amber notes, but I also like to have citrus, vanilla, chocolate smells in the house. Oh, but no patcholi - gak!


6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Oh gods yes!!!! I love them all, but lately my jaw has been giving me trouble and I can't chomp into something really hard and brittle :((((


7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I wish that I could spin - I have a spindle but my draft sucks. I do a lot of other creative things. I am a sculptor who works in found materials, I love altered books and assemblage boxes. I am training right now to be a tattoo artist as well, I hope to be actually working on people eventually. LOL. I make stained glass, jewellry, felting, miniature illumination, bookbinding, papercrafts, clothing, costumes, scrapbooking and so many other things. I just like to create cool stuff


8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like old school goth, heavy metal(AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Metallica), Dead can Dance, celtic, folk, Sinead, Sugarcubes and Bjork, - I love women with strong voices (but not so much with the Celine Dions or other balladeers). Industrial and medeival - I know that I am all over the place. And yes I am MP3 compatible.


9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

All my clothes are black and I tend to knit mostly black for myself, but I have been branching out into rich jewel tones, esp handpainted wine reds, crimson, deep purples and cobalt blue. I use really bright colours for my kids - fuschia, apple green, purple, etc... I really dislike pastels, brown, yellow and white doesn't really work with 4 small kids


10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I am married with 4 kids (DS 11, DD 7, DD 5, DD 2) and my son has 2 hermit crabs and we have resident chipmunks that we consider pets.


11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I wear scarves & mitts


12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Hmmmm....I like to knits toys, and kids' clothes, celtic cables


13. What are you knitting right now?

I'm finishing 2 pairs of socks that I promised to people years ago, I think that the kids need new scarves and I'm considering finally casting on my Rogue


14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes I do, as long as they are practical...imagine a house with packrats living in it and that none of us like to tidy. hahaha!


15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I like my circs for socks and sweaters since I hate to seam, but I like to use straights as well, depends on the job. All my needles are metal, but I'd like to try wood.


16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

No :( I wish...


17. How old is your oldest UFO?

Oh dear...


18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?

We celebrate the Winter Solstice (Yule)...and even though it is crazy and it makes my husband grumpy with all the stress, it is my favorite.


19. Is there anything that you collect?

I collect witches, but only if they aren't cutsie or too ugly. I like unusual ones. I also collect old photos (pre-1950), old boxes and any kind of old ephemera for my artwork.


20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I'd like to try some of that new Seacell stuff and I adore Malabrigo ANYTHING. And Hand Maiden and Fleece Artist are lovely. I'd love to get some Japanese tawashi patterns, esp Halloween ones! I don't subscribe to magazines, I find that pretty much all the patterns in them I wouldn't wear.


21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I wish that I could knit continental, then maybe I could finish things in less than 2years haha. And can you believe that I want to learn how to crochet so that I can make amigurumi.


22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes, I like to knit socks, except that I really need to find a good cast on/off for the ribbing. grrrrr....hmmm how do I measue for socks? I'll have to get back to you on that.


23. When is your birthday?

My birthday is November 22! EEKK! Another year older....


24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

Yes, but I haven't figured out how to use it yet. I guess I should. My ID is Tsukiko.

No comments: