Well, today was an up down kind of day. It started out great because Matt took care of the kids so that I could get a few extra minutes of sleep and then I sorted prizes for the child-parent centre's auction - so much fun, kinda like opening tons of boxes at Yule except the stuff isn't mine and I don't have to figure out where to put it. But then I had a row with Finn about his hair and that made us late, and then we had a row with the in-laws, and then we all went for dinner with the Steam Whistle crew. I think that it was so nice that Matt's staff wanted to give him a goodbye dinner to show how much they appreciated working with him. However, I had to play nice with the people who are responsible for his leaving AND chase the kids around the restaurant for 3 hours! *sigh* Hopefully the rest of my evening will be relaxing and stress-free.

As promised, here are the pictures of the kids in their Samhain costumes. Luna was a princess (again), Melia looked so cute in her Dark Faerie costume, and Finn was creature from the BBC documentary, "Future is Wild", basically a tree-swinging squid that will live 200 million years in the future. So cute, but I guess that I'm biased...and yes, that is a Jack Skellington on the front of my 2 year old, she LOVES Nightmare Before Christmas and sings the songs all day. I even made her a Jack cake for her second birthday, despite the original Totoro theme.

I did, however buy a bunch of yarn at Romni yesterday...very dangerous place. Good thing I was mainly looking downstairs in their discontinued area. I got some gorgeous Fleece Artist handpainted Country Wool for $11! I'm going to try and make a quick felted bag for the kid's silent auction at school. As well, I scored 1 ball of Sugar 'n Spice cotton ($1.50), some funky Italian Beaux yarn ($5.50) to make yet another Ruffles scarf as well as some Confetti sock yarn for Finn, black with purple (his and my fave colour). The stash groweth....

2 comments:
Very nice stash. I like the colors you picked. May the New Year be good to you.
trish said
wow, your blog has really taken off, and the still life of wool is really cool, kids look marvellous, and nice to include the love of your life
trish
Post a Comment