Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Happy Samhain!

Hard to believe that another year has come and gone. Everything last night was wonderful, in fact, I think that it was the best in a long while.

We had some friends over for dinner and they brought their baby over to share in the festive fun. Our meal with the ancestors was pretty rudimentary, as the children couldn't grasp the idea of sitting in silence (yeah right) and Matt had to jump up every few minutes to answer the call of trick-or-treaters at the door. But once everyone was dressed and out in the beautiful night air we could begin to enjoy ourselves. This year we tried a different area, instead of sticking to our quiet little street...and we pleasantly surprised at how busy and festive our neighbours a few streets over are. It only took the baby two houses to figure out what was happening and the magically if you said "Trick or Treat" complete strangers put sweeties into your pumpkin. She was so enthused that she tried to enter and raid their houses in case they were hiding better booty inside. The kids looked so cute and we saw so many cool houses and costumes that everyone is hyped for NEXT year! I guess that I'll have to hit the stores tomorrow and stock up on clearace stuff!


I did manage to finish the Dark Faerie costume in time and the baby was willing to wear it (I think I would have been heartbroken if she had refused). I'll post a better picture when I"m not so tired. Matt and I stayed up past 1 am last night doing readings to help us make a decision about what job would be the best for him. We figured a bit of divination when the veil was thin couldn't hurt, and it was nice to spend the time together. Hopefully, it will all become clear soon and we will be confident when we finally decide.

No comments: