I'm almost finished my wrist warmers, wow they go together quick...I can understand why people like to make them. If I wasn't swamped with tons of other stuph, I would have finished them in a couple of days. I am in love with this thick'n'thin slubby yarn and OOOOH the colour!!!!!
I've been finding so many cool things while I've been packing...when we were living in England while Matt was studying to be a Brewmeister, we had photos taken at the school in this funny photo-booth for our rail passes. They are so incredibly funny, we both look like axe murderers. I don't know what was up with this booth that made both of look deranged, but now I know what my mugshot after I have just gone on a psycho rampage will look like. And no...no one in this life time (other than Matt and those poor BritRail employees) will ever see it, so there :P
I've also remembered that I still love to make miniatures. I found all this amazing stuff in the basement and it has gotten the creative juices flowing. I have all the fixin's to put together an entire Japanese diorama of a traditional house as well as the medeival witch's cottage (complete with mini mandrake and flying potion!). The problem is that I have to pack it all up and THEN find a place in the new house to set up a workshop. I've got to get a good organizational system set up to keep all my materials in order, between the knitting, stained glass, minis, found object sculpture and bookworks (not to mention whatever craziness takes my fancy), I don't think the entire house is big enough. *Sigh* I really need a studio. But hey, maybe in Acton renting a space might be more feasible than in Toronto. Here's keeping my fingers crossed. And here is a small taste of the inspiration I found on a mini web site (this is in 1/12 scale)! I can't wait to make my own small piece of Japan.


1 comment:
see my blog for the bunny hat pattern.
Post a Comment