I am so excited about SP7 and they have posted the new questionaire. Those who know me will find none of this surprising, but then again, maybe you don't know my darkest secrets ;)
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Oh dear, I definitely am a snob...ooh I hate the squeaky stuff
2. Do you spin? Crochet? I've got a drop spindle and have been eyeing a wheel, but I'm not very good at it YET
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Um, a Pringles can :) I know, scandalous
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting for 5 years now and I think that I am finally in the intermediate range
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, it's at http://www.amazon.ca/gp/registry/wishlist/ref=cs_nav_top_wl/702-9271424-6020838
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Hmm...I like sandalwood, mastic, oak moss, amber, I guess deep, woodsy smells - but NO patchouli YUCK
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Actually I think ALL my teeth are sweet, are there any other food groups? As for a favorite, that's hard, I am a chocolate fiend (esp milk with chewy caramels), but I like things that are fruity like, Skittles, Starburst, etc...
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Oh my, where to start. I am a sculptor who works in found materials, I love altered books and boxes. I make stained glass, jewellry, felting, clothing, costumes, and so many other things. I just like to create cool stuff
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like old school goth music, Celtic and English folk, industrial, medeival (but not baroque and after). I am MP3 enabled teehee
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? All my clothes are black and I tend to knit mostly black for myself, but I have been branching out into rich jewel tones, esp handpainted wine reds, deep purples and cobalt blue. I use really bright colours for my kids - fuschia, apple green, purple, etc... I really dislike pastels and white doesn't really work with 3 small kids
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I'm married to a great guy, we have 3 kids, DS - Fingal 8, DD - Luna 4, DD -Melia 2; no pets
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear only mittens
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I can't name brands yet, but I love soft wools (washable or otherwise) and I just bought my first tiny ball of 20/80 cashmere/wool and I think I'm in love.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Squeaky acrylics, super crazy novelty/ribbon yarns
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Celtic cables, wacky dolls like Knitty's Kate
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I like socks, felted stuff (mostly bags), funky crazy toys
17. What are you knitting right now? I'm making some cool wrist warmers from a cobalt slubby wool, my DH's cabled kilt hose, DS's self-striping socks, DD's fuzzy pink hat, and my cashmere & angora double knit mittens
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I LOVE them!
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? It depends on what I'm doing, I just figured out The Magic Loop!!!
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Aluminum
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No, I wish, it would make frogging easier
22. How did you learn to knit? My mother taught me, but didn't pick it up again until recently and Debbie Bliss filled in the gaps
23. How old is your oldest UFO? 11 year old kilt hose
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Moomintroll, Addams Family and hedgehogs
25. What is your favorite holiday? Samhain (Halloween)
26. Is there anything that you collect? Witches
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None, I let my Vogue Knitting slide
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? I'd love to read the SNB books, Odd Ball Knitting, Alterknits, and I've been saving up for some Lantern Moon needles, yum!
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Intarsia, more cables
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Oh yes! Ladies size 7.5 wide
31. When is your birthday? November 22
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Oh dear, I definitely am a snob...ooh I hate the squeaky stuff
2. Do you spin? Crochet? I've got a drop spindle and have been eyeing a wheel, but I'm not very good at it YET
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Um, a Pringles can :) I know, scandalous
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting for 5 years now and I think that I am finally in the intermediate range
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, it's at http://www.amazon.ca/gp/registry/wishlist/ref=cs_nav_top_wl/702-9271424-6020838
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Hmm...I like sandalwood, mastic, oak moss, amber, I guess deep, woodsy smells - but NO patchouli YUCK
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Actually I think ALL my teeth are sweet, are there any other food groups? As for a favorite, that's hard, I am a chocolate fiend (esp milk with chewy caramels), but I like things that are fruity like, Skittles, Starburst, etc...
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Oh my, where to start. I am a sculptor who works in found materials, I love altered books and boxes. I make stained glass, jewellry, felting, clothing, costumes, and so many other things. I just like to create cool stuff
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like old school goth music, Celtic and English folk, industrial, medeival (but not baroque and after). I am MP3 enabled teehee
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? All my clothes are black and I tend to knit mostly black for myself, but I have been branching out into rich jewel tones, esp handpainted wine reds, deep purples and cobalt blue. I use really bright colours for my kids - fuschia, apple green, purple, etc... I really dislike pastels and white doesn't really work with 3 small kids
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I'm married to a great guy, we have 3 kids, DS - Fingal 8, DD - Luna 4, DD -Melia 2; no pets
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear only mittens
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I can't name brands yet, but I love soft wools (washable or otherwise) and I just bought my first tiny ball of 20/80 cashmere/wool and I think I'm in love.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Squeaky acrylics, super crazy novelty/ribbon yarns
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Celtic cables, wacky dolls like Knitty's Kate
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I like socks, felted stuff (mostly bags), funky crazy toys
17. What are you knitting right now? I'm making some cool wrist warmers from a cobalt slubby wool, my DH's cabled kilt hose, DS's self-striping socks, DD's fuzzy pink hat, and my cashmere & angora double knit mittens
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I LOVE them!
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? It depends on what I'm doing, I just figured out The Magic Loop!!!
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Aluminum
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No, I wish, it would make frogging easier
22. How did you learn to knit? My mother taught me, but didn't pick it up again until recently and Debbie Bliss filled in the gaps
23. How old is your oldest UFO? 11 year old kilt hose
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Moomintroll, Addams Family and hedgehogs
25. What is your favorite holiday? Samhain (Halloween)
26. Is there anything that you collect? Witches
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None, I let my Vogue Knitting slide
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? I'd love to read the SNB books, Odd Ball Knitting, Alterknits, and I've been saving up for some Lantern Moon needles, yum!
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Intarsia, more cables
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Oh yes! Ladies size 7.5 wide
31. When is your birthday? November 22

3 comments:
Another fellow Scorpio cusp'er. I am October 25 so boardering on the other end, at Libra.
31. When is your birthday? November 22
Same BD as my brother? Another "Dead Kennedy" baby? Why did I not know this before?
I TOLD you my secrets were many!
Post a Comment