I completely forgot that I was teaching a knitting workshop on Wednesday. So, I guess I HAVE to dig out my stash in order to have supplies and samples for class (teehee). My only problem is that I have no idea what level everyone is at. I'm planning on starting with casting on and then knit & purl, that's pretty much it...it's only a 2 hour class. But I don't know where to go if they have those skills already. Should I start on dec and inc, or maybe the dos and don't of your first scarf ("Oh No! It's the dreaded stockinette sausage!!"), or maybe moss, rib, seed stitch? So many options. I guess I could just ask them what they what to learn - now that's a novel idea. Maybe knitting in the round might be a bit TOO crazy, but it might be a good excuse to start my wrist warmers by showing them how to cast on and then join up....I should dig in the stash and pick the yarn I want to use (or maybe a trip to the LYS might be in order - GLEE!!!)As for packing, there has definitely been a lull since Matt got home. We've been busy getting day-to day life stuff done and there hasn't been time to pack anything. Although I have been Freecycling like crazy. It is so nice to let all that stuff free into the world - and to meet other goth moms who like Giger and fairie prints. I want to set up a yarn swap with all this yarn I've been sorting...I thought I might be able to find one in town, but it looks like I'll have to organize one myself. Anyone interested?
Okay, just back from Romni's (very dangerous)
I had so much fun, even the girls had a blast helping me choose. In the end I decided that frogging the white angora(the nylon content in it won't dye) is wasted effort right now. I'll make something for Luna with it later. SO, I got some yummy burgundy bunny for the mitten lining, and since I needed wool for the outside of my mittens I picked up some lamb's wool from the sale bins, but then upstairs found out that the 20/80 cashmere/wool was cheaper!! I'm going to be terrified of losing my mittens - I am definitely going to need a string! As well, I found some gorgeous hand-painted slubby wool in this amazing deep cobalt. The photo doesn't do it justice, it is practically glowing. I couldn't resist and cast on some wrist-warmers the second I got home. Melia picked some funky purple stuff, but I packed it already since the house appraiser from the bank is on his way!!!! 
3 comments:
You can always try the "swap-o-rama" message board at Knitty.com. I have had great success in swapping yarns for which I no longer feel the love. I mainly did yarn for books.
I would make a couple of plans for different levels. Take a bunch of stuff with you and then see what you've got to work with when you get there. For example, if they don't have circular needles, it might be a little tough to teach using them.
I will swap with you andhelp you arrange it.
Post a Comment