Thursday, January 05, 2006

Up to my elbows.....


Well, today is Day 2 of packing up my (and four other people's) worldly belongings...OK, it is mostly MY stuff - boy do I have a lot of junk! So far I,ve packed 15 boxes, thrown out 4 boxes and filed so much paper that I should be allowed to add the skill experience to my resume. Luckily for Matt he is up in Thunder Bay getting trained for his new job, but actually it is easier for me to do this on my own since I'll be able to remember where I put everything (yeah right).
Matt is coming home tomorrow, I'm hoping to have a lot done to surprise him...but right now I'm feeling a little overwhelmed since the house doesn't really look any different, other than the mountain of packed bxes in the dining room. *sigh* Well, maybe by tonight the house will look a little more done and I can have a nice hot soak.

We took the kids to see the Catherine the Great show at the AGO on Tuesday before Matt left for the airport. We thought the Luna would love to see all the gorgeous princess stuff and Fin would be impressed by all the gold. The liked it, bit I think they were a bit tired at the end since they were getting a bit whiny. But the show was spectacular, and the artifacts, amazing. Even the kids could appreciate how special some of the pieces were, even the ones NOT encrusted in diamonds and gold. I'm glad we caught it before it left Toronto and it was nice to have that time with Matt and the kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Id forgotten about that show. I wonder if it will still be here after the 15th? Im pretty broke until then, but would really love to see it. Must rememeber to check the AGO's website.

Anonymous said...

Let me know when the big moving day is. My time is generally my own, and I won't be a long way from where you're moving.

Adam